Sunday, August 21, 2011

Software Is Eating All the Jobs Too

ImageShack-share-photos-pictures-free-image-hosting-free-video-hosting-image-hosting-video-hosting-photo-image-hosting-site-video-hosting-siteA few months ago I was giving a talk in my hometown of Memphis, TN, and someone asked what the city could do to ignite more entrepreneurship in among inner city kids. My immediate answer was teach coding-- even basic app building skills-- along with English and Math in every public school. I was surprised that my brother-- an engineer who worked for many years in Silicon Valley before relocating to the Midwest-- didn't necessarily agree. "That depends on whether there are still enough coding jobs for them, or they've all gone overseas," he said. It was then that the great American panic of a few years came rushing back to me.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/ZVIpm9VQYVQ/

Amanda Swisten Amber Arbucci Amber Brkich Amber Heard Amber Valletta America Ferrera Amerie Amy Cobb Amy Smart Ana Beatriz Barros Ana Hickmann Ana Ivanovi Ana Paula Lemes Ananda Lewis Angela Marcello Angelina Jolie Anna Faris Anna Friel Anna Kournikova Anna Paquin

No comments:

Post a Comment