Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stink Bug Control

Two years ago my firm transferred me to South Eastern Pennsylvania from down state New York. I had no idea that stink bugs were a huge problem in this area. I kept finding these curious bugs in my bedroom and thought nothing about it. Day by day, I was removing more and more stink bugs until my house became infested.

After weeks of frustration, odor and finally one of the stink bugs biting my son, I decided to call an exterminator. He said it would be easy to take care of. After a few days of being seemingly stink bug free, I thought it was the best two hundred dollars I had ever spent.

Unfortunately, I was wrong. Within six days the stink bugs started to come back; and to my suprise and dismay it was worse than before!

I quickly found out that the exterminators use different chemicals and "fog bombs" that will only provide termporary relief and will not permanently get rid of stink bugs.

The next few months were rough. Stink bugs were everywhere and I felt powerless. Our family's quality of life was suffering and the best we could do was to spend hours every day removing the stink bugs we saw... only for MORE to come back.

After seriously considering moving to ANOTHER state to get away from these stink bugs, I was determined to find a solution for stink bug control. I was not going to let these bugs ruin my family's home any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment